Feature set: There are a number of new features coming to this version of BES that build on their strategy of secure and manageable mobility.
* Full SOAP integration (GW Client no longer required)
* Taking Personal Information Management (PIM) to the Next Level
o View Attachments in a Meeting Request and/or Calendar Entry
o Forward Calendar Appointments
o Multiple Personal Address Book synchronization
* New Web-based Administration Console (BAS)
* Improved scalability
* Better Mail Management
o Flag for follow up support
o Email folder management
* High Availability with Automated Failover
* Mobile Application Management
* 35 New IT Policies (Over 450 in total)
* Role-based Access Control
* Job Management, Scheduling, and Throttling
* Powerful Migration Tools (Enterprise Transporter)
* Open Document Format (.odt, .ods, .odp) support
* Remote File Explorer
o Securely access remote windows network file shares from anywhere!
o View, edit, save and email documents from your BlackBerry smartphone
o Leverages BlackBerry Attachment handling as well as Dataviz Documents To Go®
BES 5.0.1 will require Windows Server 2003 / 2008 and will run against GroupWise 8 Post offices only. As BES leverages many of the enhancements made to SOAP API in GW 8, GW 7.x will not be supported.